1 - Why does Sopra Steria Group have a Personal Data Protection Charter?
Sopra Steria Group, a public limited company with a share capital of €20,547,701, registered on the Annecy trade register, no. 326 820 065, head office PAE Les Glaisins 3 rue du Pré Faucon, Annecy Le Vieux, 74940 Annecy, France
(hereafter referred to as “Sopra Steria” or “We”) attaches great importance to respecting the privacy of its Users (hereafter referred to as “You”).
As the company publishing this website (the “Site”) and responsible for processing any personal data concerning You (“Personal Data”) that may be collected from You on the Site,
the present Personal Data Protection Charter (the “Charter”) is intended to inform You about the nature of the data collected when You consult and use Our Site and the conditions for processing this data.
Please note that this Charter may be updated at any time by Sopra Steria. The date of the most recent update will appear on this page. We therefore invite You to consult it regularly.
2 - To what kind of Personal Data are we referring?
The different categories of Personal Data collected in the context of the Services offered on our Site are notably the following:
- Identification data (first name, last name, contact data (postal or e-mail address, telephone)),
- Navigation and connection data (including the web pages visited, your computer’s IP address, connection logs, destinations called),
- Content data.
3 - What are the purposes of and justification for data processing?
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes described below. For each of the objectives, We have also specified the reason why Personal Data processing is necessary:
|Processing purposes||Reasons why processing is necessary|
Answering your questions sent by email or contact form
|Sopra Steria has a legitimate interest in answering the questions asked to better serve its customers and prospects |
|Offering you a personalised study according to the information that You will have provided to Us
||Sopra Steria has a legitimate interest in proposing targeted offers based on the interest shown by prospects or customers in Products or Services on its Site|
|Ensuring the security of the Site||Sopra Steria has a legitimate interest in securing its Site|
|Gaining a better understanding of your preferences and to offer You Products or Services that suit your centres of interest||Sopra Steria has a legitimate interest in getting to know its prospects/customers better|
|Sending you information about our offers, news and events, surveys, and polls (newsletters, invitations, and other publications)||Your explicit consent given by taking a positive step during your registration to receive this information or subscribe to these Services
Sopra Steria has a legitimate interest in publicising its Products or Services and those of its Group companies
|Carrying out statistical analyses on the use of the Site||Sopra Steria has a legitimate interest in improving the performance of its Site|
|Organising competitions and promotional operations||Your explicit consent resulting from your participation and the execution of the general terms/regulations governing these operations|
|Meeting our legal obligations and defending our interests in the event of a dispute.||Sopra Steria may be subject to legal and regulatory obligations to disclose data and may also have a legitimate interest in using the data to defend itself in the event of legal action|
We only ask You for the Personal Data that We need for the purposes set out above. Therefore, if You choose not to fill in the fields reserved for this collection, We will not be able to process your request.
4 - Who are the recipients of Personal Data and where is it transferred?
Depending on the processing purpose, Your Personal Data may be processed by the authorised personnel (marketing, sales, customer relations, delivery and quality management, HR and functional support departments) of Sopra Steria Group.
Your Personal Data may also be processed by third party service providers acting on behalf of Sopra Steria, in particular the service providers in charge of the Website, marketing actions, (Upluence). We may also be required to disclose your Personal
- to third parties in the context of any merger, acquisition, partial sale of assets or other operations relating to Sopra Steria or one of its Group companies.
- to respond to requests from the authorities, if the law or a decision of a court or competent authority requires Us to do so, or if such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights.
Such disclosure will be limited to what is strictly necessary to the extent permitted by applicable law.
If these recipients are located outside the European Union, the transfers will be made on the basis of the transfer mechanisms provided for in the Regulation. You can obtain information about the transfer mechanism used by contacting Us as specified in
the “Who to Contact” section below.
5 - How long is Personal Data stored?
We only store Your Personal Data for the time necessary for the above-mentioned purposes or to enable Us to meet our legal obligations.
The storage periods applicable to Personal Data collected on the Site are as follows:
- as long as your User account remains active,
- as long as We keep in touch with You through our promotional activities and three (3) years after the last interaction, unless You object when You receive one of our prospecting messages,
- the duration provided for by the applicable law: (i) IP addresses collected for security purposes will not be retained for more than 10 days and (ii) cookies and other tracking devices used on our Site are retained for a period not to exceed thirteen
(13) months. For more details, please refer to the “What are cookies” section below.
It is possible that We may need to keep your Personal Data in archives beyond the above-mentioned period to comply with the legal obligations incumbent on Us or, if necessary and in consideration of the statute of limitations, to enforce our rights.
Once the Personal Data is no longer required for the purposes or for archiving to meet our legal obligations or to comply with the applicable statute of limitations, We ensure that it is completely destroyed or made anonymous.
6 - What cookies and other trackers are used?
Sopra Steria uses several types of cookies on its Site for different purposes as defined below.
- Performance Cookies : these are cookies used to improve our Site, for example for analysis that allows Us to know how our Site is used and where to make improvements. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors
use our Site. This information is collected anonymously and includes the number of visitors, where they come from, and the pages they have visited.
- [Third Party Social Plug-in Sharing Cookies related to Social Plug-ins : the integration of Social Plug-ins allows their providers to store cookies. These cookies allow You to share content from our Site with others.]
|Purposes||Cookie type||Cookie name||Retention period|
|Functional||The functional services related to the Content Management System (Sitefinity) ensure the website functions correctly and these cannot be deactivated.||Sitefinty/SSG||13 months|
|Audience measurement||The audience measurement services are used to generate anonymous and aggregated statistics about visits that are useful for improving our site.||Google||13 months|
|Youtube and Vimeo||Several articles on our site include YouTube and Vimeo videos.||Youtube/Vimeo||13 months|
|Google maps||We sometimes use Google Maps on our websites.||Google||13 months|
|Non-targeted advertising||A conversion is the achievement of an objective such as making contact. AdWords conversions allow us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. Eloqua and quantserve.com cookies may be used on our site; they are used to collect
information about how visitors use our site..|| ||13 months|
Google Analytics :
How can You manage cookies on Our Site?
To allow You to review the cookies We use on Our Site, We have integrated the “Cookie Management” section available in the footer on all pages, allowing You to manage Your preferences.
If You refuse the cookies, they will not be installed unless they are strictly necessary (in particular a cookie to save your refusal).
Please note, however, that if You choose to delete or decline certain cookies, this may affect certain features or services on our Site.
8 - What are Your rights?
You have the following rights concerning your Personal Data:
- To obtain a copy of your Personal Data as well as information on how your Personal Data will be processed and their legal basis,
- To correct your Personal Data if they are incorrect and the right to complete it if it is incomplete,
- To delete your Personal Data when it is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or processed,
- To limit the processing of your Personal Data when:
- Its accuracy is disputed,
- The processing is illicit, but You oppose the erasure of your Personal Data,
- We no longer need your Personal Data, but it is still necessary for establishing, exercising or defending a right in court,
- To request the portability of your Personal Data in machine-readable format if Our processing is based on your consent or on the execution of a contract with Us,
- To give general or specific instructions on how your Personal Data will be processed and used after your death,
- To withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data if such processing is based on your consent, for example in connection with Newsletters. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing operation based on the consent
given prior to the withdrawal, and
- To oppose any processing for prospection purposes.
In addition to the aforementioned rights, You have the right to oppose any processing of Your Personal Data based on Sopra Steria’s legitimate interest, unless Sopra Steria has legitimate and compelling reasons that could prevail.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority, the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) 3 Place de Fontenoy 75007 Paris, France.
To exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact details below in the “Who to Contact” section.
9 - Who to contact to exercise your rights or if You have any questions?
If You have any questions regarding this Charter or ifYou wish to exercise any of Your rights or contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), please Contact Us at the following email address:
or by post at this address:
Sopra Steria Group, Délégué à la Protection des Données Groupe,
6 avenue Kleber
Last modification: 29/03/2021