Aerospace: a sector with considerable challenges
The Aerospace industry must accelerate the transformation of its model under the combined effect of the impacts of the COVID crisis, new customer expectations and the application of new technologies. The imperatives of decarbonisation, flexibility and
performance of the industrial system as well as the need for excellence in the customer/traveller experience generate a complex equation to solve. Aeronautical players have to offer more services, more comfort, more safety, more fluidity, while being
Companies in the sector therefore face three strategic imperatives:
- Invent the aircraft (or space) of tomorrow,
- Drastically reduce the time-to-market,
- Ensure maximum flexibility of their industrial tool and their supply chain.
To achieve these objectives, they can activate the following five levers:
- Design new systems in a global way, taking into account their life cycle,
- Ensure a true digital continuity between design, operations and services,
- Substantially renovate their legacy information systems and prepare them for further digitalisation,
- Increase collaboration in the ecosystem,
- Ensure the continuous acquisition and training of talent.
Aeroline, the essential partner
At Sopra Steria, our teams combine in-depth expertise in the aerospace business with a high level of knowledge of information systems and digitalisation. They are brought together in a dedicated organisation, Aeroline. This organisation has the best experts
and project managers focused on the critical functions of the sector: Engineering, Supply Chain and Manufacturing, Maintenance and Services. A team dedicated to Air Traffic Management is also part of this organisation.
More than 4,500 employees, located in 6 countries (France, Germany, United Kingdom, Spain, India, Belgium) have been supporting our customers for several years and work closely with their teams in the field. Aeroline provides a comprehensive range of
complementary know-how: Consulting, Systems Integration, Infrastructure and Cloud, Cybersecurity and Software Publishing. These skills enable us to offer our customers an integrated approach to their transformation.
Specific offers to support our clients in their transformation challenges:
- Product Lifecycle Management, with our subsidiary CIMPA and our partners Dassault Systèmes and Siemens Software
- ERP framing and implementation with SAP solutions
- Artificial Intelligence: AI-Powered Aerospace
- Decarbonised aviation
Dedicated value propositions for critical functions in the Aerospace sector: