Sopra Steria, a European leader in consulting, digital services and software development, has been recognised as a global leader on corporate climate action by its inclusion in the CDP Climate Change ‘A’ List for the third consecutive year.
Inclusion in the CDP Climate Change ‘A’ List rewards Sopra Steria for pursuing an ambitious environmental sustainability programme as part of its wider Corporate Responsibility strategy and making climate action ‘business as usual’ in its operations, supply chain and services to clients.
CDP’s annual environmental disclosure and scoring process is widely recognized as the gold standard of corporate environmental transparency. In 2019, over 525 investors with over US$96 trillion in assets and 125 major purchasers with US$3.6 trillion in procurement spend requested companies to disclose data on environmental impacts, risks and opportunities through CDP’s platform and over 8,400 responded.
“We are delighted to make the CDP’s ‘A’ list for the third time in a row. Our ambitious environmental programme continues to drive the move to a ‘net zero’ economy both for our clients and for us,” stated Vincent Paris, CEO of Sopra Steria. “Environmental sustainability and Corporate Responsibility are engraved into our company’s DNA and is a key contributor in attracting new business, talent and investment,” he continued.
Paul Simpson, CEO of CDP, said: “Congratulations to the companies that achieved a position on CDP’s A List this year, for leading in environmental performance and transparency. The scale of the business risks from the climate emergency, deforestation and water insecurity are vast – as are the opportunities from addressing them – and it’s clear the private sector has a vital role to play at this critical time. The A List companies are leading the market in corporate sustainability, tackling environmental risks and setting themselves up to thrive in tomorrow’s economy.”
Sopra Steria’s successful environmental sustainability programme over the past five years included:
- Developing a culture with employees that embraces the best practice of Circular Economy and sound Environment Management principles
- Setting long-term, science-based reduction targets for greenhouse gas emissions (including Supply Chain), approved by the Science Based Target Initiative (SBTi), required to limit the rise in global average temperatures to 1.5°C
- Implementing projects to reduce greenhouse gas emissions such as consumption reduction, moving to renewable energy, moving to energy efficient offices, leveraging technology to reduce business travel and using low-carbon modes of travel
- Being CarbonNeutral® for business travel, offices and data centres
- Supporting our clients to become more sustainable through our services and solutions
- Showing Thought Leadership and engaging with the European UN Global Compact Peer Learning Group on Climate
Building on its success, Sopra Steria adds further momentum by:
- Becoming a founding partner of Make.org for the Grande Cause Environment, the biggest public consultation on the environment ever launched in France
- Entrepreneurship for Tomorrow Award - the Grand Prize of the Sopra Steria-Institut de France Foundation - rewarding and supporting students and young entrepreneurs who are committed to digital responsibility, with a focus on the environment in 2020.
Sopra Steria is also part of the “Euronext CDP Environment France EW”, which gathers 40 of the most environmentally successful companies of the SBF 120.