Towards digital sobriety
The global warming and the rise of conscious of sustainability within customers, employees and investors push all the companies to both reshape their business with sustainable approach at core and establish ESG practices. While technology is a key enabler
of sustainable products and services, the tech sector generates 4% of carbon emissions and consumes 2,5% of the energy in the world.
According to IDC Global 2022 Future of Digital Infrastructure Survey, 83% of respondents agree sustainability is the most important criteria in IT buying decisions. Among alternatives, IT-as-a-service models powered by Cloud solutions brings opportunity
to improve data centre, platform, network, and device carbon footprint thanks to industrial approach based on Reuse, Resale, Recycle principles. They also simplify companies’ investment strategy and facilitate the entire lifecycle of assets.
Despite these strong calls for action, standards and market offering, Digital and IT organisations are often in the blind spot of sustainable programs. Measuring its footprint, developing tangible improvement plan, and orchestrating holistic sustainable
changes are complex processes, requesting multiple expertise, practices and new tools.
Sopra Steria Sustainability with Cloud
Sopra Steria Cloud Center of Excellence help you to navigate into your digital sobriety journey with concrete programs for collecting, measuring, and reducing companies’ Digital and IT carbon emissions:
- IT Sustainability Footprint Advisory: Our consultants assist you to identify and measure your existing IT’s carbon footprint. Thanks to Sopra Steria tools, you can then access to dashboard and metrics, aligned with GHG Protocol
scope 1,2, and 3, and with European environmental agencies and organisations’ systems. This first solid foundation allows our IT sustainable consultants to envision and establish with you a Digital Sobriety Roadmap, including actionable
recommendations (IT-as-a-service models, Cloud provider sourcing, sustainable software engineering practices, technology and tool…).
- Sustainable Software Engineering Services: Software has a significant impact on digital equipment usage and their energy consumption, and then offers the best room for improvement. Our teams help you to embrace sustainable software
engineering practices into your existing ones, all along application lifecycle, from design, to implementation, and deployment. Tailored to each application and use case, our teams help you to modernize your application landscape or reshape your practices relative to application and infrastructure optimization, architecture and Cloud location.
- Cloud Environmental Impact and Optimisation Services:
Sopra Steria Teams support you to get the best visibility on your Cloud Environmental Impacts. Whatever is your type of Cloud, our teams identify with you the relevant solutions allowing to measure the impact of your Cloud utilization (estimated
energy usage, carbon emissions, water usage, abiotic depletion potential…). Based on this monitoring, you can then start to roll out Cloud Environmental Optimisation Plan, improve your Cloud emissions and drive environmentally informed
To provide these innovative services, we have established strong relationship with the European environmental agencies and organisations, and partnerships with the leading hyperscalers and technology players such as AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft, IBM,
Oracle, OVHcloud, and VMware.
- Get access to a multidisciplinary Digital and Cloud Center of Expertise, associating both application, infrastructure, and Cloud provider expertise with eco-friendly values
- Take advantage of Sopra Steria’s cutting-edge tools to measure and reduce time from insight to action
- Onboard sustainable Cloud into your ESG programs, while improving your bottom-line